This Sunday was the 2017 Patrons’ Show — our biggest annual fundraiser and a whole lot of fun! Hundreds of artworks have left for their new homes (690 artworks, to be exact).
Now that things have settled down a bit, here’s a recap and some thank-yous you may have missed.
First off, we have two more artist awards to announce, for the first piece chosen and the popular vote:
Wheat and Juniper, oil on wood, by Sheep Jones (lot #111) was the choice of the first patron called on. The artist wins the Clemente Collector Award for first artwork chosen of the evening.
Morning at the Smithsonian Castle, acrylic on canvas, by Peter Ulrich. This piece (#367) won the Geri Gordon Popular Vote award, as chosen by voting ticketholders.
If you missed our other announcement, you can read about the judge’s four awards in this blog post.
A huge amount of thanks is in order:
- to the artists who generously donated their artwork. This wouldn’t be possible without them, and we encourage you to visit the studios and websites of your favorite artists to purchase more of their artwork.
- to the volunteers who gave their time and labor to frame, hang, and help run the show. A special shout-out goes to Jimmie Cook, Tina Gehring, and John Ploch.
- to our Gallery Director and staff, Whitney Staiger, Lizzy Lunday, and Haven Ashley.
- to our volunteer app developers, Steve Roberson of Zurka Interactive and Ryan Connors. (Leave them reviews!)
- to our MC, Robb Spewak from the Mike O’Meara Show
- to our event sponsors, below.
Using the Art Thief app.
Halt, Buzas, & Powell
The Clemente Family
Windmill Hill and EYA
Facility (In-kind) Sponsor:
Torpedo Factory Art Center
We’ll see you next year!
To make sure you get the latest news from The Art League, sign up for our email list.