Are you an artist with experience working with teens?
The Hirshhorn Museum writes:
If you or someone you know fits the following descriptions please be in touch. We are looking for individuals with strong skills in the following areas:
- Be proficient with at least two of the following art mediums: video production and editing, graphic illustration, 3D modeling and printing, animation, digital photography, beat-making, spoken word and/or rap, DJ’ing, audio engineering, computer programming, or video game design.
- Knowledge of contemporary artistry and practices and able to connect real-world professional knowledge to programs.
- Able to focus on process instead of product.
- Familiarity with modern and contemporary art history and able to make connections between programs and Hirshhorn content and special exhibitions.
Working with Teens
- Experience teaching/facilitating programs for youth audiences (age range for these programs are 13-19).
- Excellent at facilitating fun, engaging experiences for teens that invite them to fully and creatively participate.
- Be able to connect with underserved and at-risk youth.
- Develop curriculum that encompasses an inter-disciplinary and user-led approach.
- Able to create and keep calendars, timelines, and deliverables schedule.
- Able to maintain communication with educational staff and managers.
- Maintain library of participant data and run reports and stats as needed.
- Maintain equipment, computers, and software.
We are looking for individuals who can commit to 15-30 hours per week, and programs occur weekdays, 4:00–8:00 pm. In addition, some weekend and daytime hours may be required.
Interested? Please send a note, CV, and/or portfolio to Linsay Deming at DemingL@si.edu with the subject line Mentor_LAST NAME.