Artists: Our biggest fundraiser of the year is coming up, and we need your help! Read on for details on why, and how, to donate to the 50th Anniversary Patrons’ Show Fundraiser.
Who will take home your artwork?
The Patrons’ Show Fundraiser is The Art League’s biggest event of the year, making it possible for us to meet our mission: by nurturing the artist, we enrich the community. This year’s event is special: it’s the 50th anniversary Patrons’ Show Fundraiser!
Our success depends on our generous artist donors! For each piece of artwork donated (valued at $225 or more), we can sell one ticket to the Patrons’ Show Fundraiser. For more about the fundraiser, visit our website.
Why should I donate?
Thousands of dollars in prize money is available for artists—more than double last year’s:
- $5,000: Clemente Best in Show for Contemporary Realism*
- $3,500: Clemente Faculty Award (Art League faculty are eligible)*
- $3,000: Collector Award (first artwork chosen in the drawing)
- $3,000: Collector Award (second artwork chosen in the drawing)
- $3,000: Collector Award (third artwork chosen in the drawing)
- $2,000: The Patrons’ Show Brenda Bunn Kollman Award for Best in Show for 3D Artwork*
- $1,000: TFAA Artist Award (TFAA artists are eligible)*
- $400: Van Landingham Award*
- $250: Geri Gordon Award (first choice raffle award)
*Chosen by the Patrons’ Show judge. To be eligible for these awards, artwork must be donated by Monday, February 5, 2018. If you will be donating unframed work as well as framed pieces, make sure they are donated well ahead of time so they can be framed for judging.
And all participating artists are eligible to win multiple awards!
The Brenda Bunn Kollman Award for 3D Artwork, new this year, is in honor and memory of Brenda (Townsend) Kollman, an Art League member artist for 14 years and an established Torpedo Factory Artist for 15 years. The amount is $2,000 for the 50th anniversary year and will be $1,500 in subsequent years. The award is sponsored by Brenda’s husband, Jerry Kollman.
Did we mention that hundreds of Patrons’ Show Fundraiser ticketholders (and non-ticketholders) will view your artwork online, in person, and in the app?
Details from the six award winning artworks in 2017. This year there will be eight!
What are we raising funds for?
The Patrons’ Show Fundraiser is critical to ensuring The Art League is able to fulfill its mission each year. Funds go to:
The Art League is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, which means that your donation is tax-deductible. Currently, the IRS allows artists to deduct only the cost of materials used in donated artwork, not the artwork’s full value.
How to donate
Simply bring your framed, ready-to-hang artwork to The Art League gallery during regular hours (these may be affected by Torpedo Factory closures):
- Monday–Saturday, 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Thursdays until 9:00 pm
- Sunday, 12:00 noon–6:00 pm
Artists who contribute two or more framed works may also donate unframed works. We also need donations of frames and glass that are 16″ x 20″ or larger.
If you’d like to donate artwork currently in our gallery, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll take care of it!
- Saturday, January 13: Tickets go on sale, online only
- Monday, February 5: Deadline for artwork to be eligible for awards
- Sunday, February 18: The Patrons’ Show Fundraiser drawing