Youth and Teen Classes
The Art League School offers arts education for children and teens through classes, workshops, and Summer Art Camp in Old Town Alexandria, VA. Kids ages five and up can explore their creative side and learn new skills in painting, drawing, manga and cartooning, clay animation, ceramics, sculpture and more!
Register now for Spring classes and Summer Art Camp! Spring Term begins April 6.
To register, use the drop-down menu to the left to search for courses, or click here for all Spring 2014 children's classes and workshops (Use the tabs to see classes, workshops, and camps.) The full list of Spring classes for teens is here. For information about Summer Art Camp in 2014, click here.
A sampling of upcoming youth workshops and classes:
Watch a clay animation camp in action:
About The Art League School:
The Art League School is a non-accredited institution, open to all, that provides instruction to nearly 6,000 students annually. Weekly classes and shorter-term workshops meet at the Torpedo Factory Art Center and at our Madison Annex in Old Town Alexandria, VA, convenient to the entire Washington, DC area. Our expanded Madison Annex opens in Fall 2012.
Courses are offered quarterly in virtually all of the fine arts, and a wide variety of crafts, with some of the most talented and well-known professional artists and instructors in the country. Whether for the beginner or a skilled professional, courses are offered for every skill level and for every age — five and up!
What students said:
- “Although we’ve taken classes at other art centers, the Art League consistently offers teaching that is both high-quality and friendly … just perfect for children.” — Caitlin G.
- “The Art League is one of the most important venues for art instruction in the Washington metropolitan area.” — Stephen G.
- “I'm not an artist, but The Art League has helped me become much more of one!” — Donna F.
- “The Art League is a haven for me. I can step out of my daily chores and into art mode. The teachers are first-rate.” — Chris B.
- “The instructors are capable, patient and talented and have given me the desire and confidence to expand my skills.” — Sally B.
Contact The Art League School