Registration for Winter classes opens November 7!
About sculpture classes
Clay, metal, stone, wood, and wire are just some of the materials used by students and instructors in the sculpture department at The Art League School in Alexandria, VA. Whether you’re interested in working realistically in clay, or creating something modern and large in stone or metal, we have an instructor and class to match your vision. Sculpture classes are available for beginners and experienced artists, and are offered year-round, during the week, weekend, day and evening.
Take a peek inside one of our sculpture classes in this video:
About The Art League School
The Art League School is a non-accredited institution, open to all, that provides instruction to nearly 6,000 students annually. Weekly classes and shorter-term workshops meet at the Torpedo Factory Art Center and at our Madison Annex in Old Town Alexandria, VA, convenient to the entire Washington, DC area. Our expanded Madison Annex opened in Fall 2012.
Courses are offered quarterly in virtually all of the fine arts, and a wide variety of crafts, with some of the most talented and well-known professional artists and instructors in the country. Whether for the beginner or a skilled professional, courses are offered for every skill level and for every age — five and up!
What students said
- “The Art League is one of the most important venues for art instruction in the Washington metropolitan area.” — Stephen G.
- “I'm not an artist, but The Art League has helped me become much more of one!” — Donna F.
- “The Art League is a haven for me. I can step out of my daily chores and into art mode. The teachers are first-rate.” — Chris B.
- “The Intro Drawing course is wonderful. This is my first art class of any type, and it is not intimidating or over my head.” — Justin L.
- “The instructors are capable, patient and talented and have given me the desire and confidence to expand my skills.” — Sally B.
Contact The Art League School