This $15 optional supply kit has the particular supplies needed for Julie Booth’s Mapping Memories with Stitch class. You can purchase it here for “grab & go” pick up at our school store, we will contact you with more information. If you need your kit shipped to you please indicate that in the notes section of your order. We will contact you about paying the additional shipping cost.
The optional supply kit includes the following:
- ½ yard of white cotton fabric
- (1) 12” x 18” piece of wool blend felt for stabilizer
- ¼ yard of white cotton flannel
- 1 yd tulle
- Freezer paper
- Parchment paper
- 9” square Mistyfuse
- (1) 8.5” x 11” sheet of Sulky Sticky Fabri-Solvy stabilizer
- Needles: Size #3 and #5 Crewel embroidery, size #5 appliqué sharp, size #22 Chenille
- Small assortment of colored cheesecloth
- Small assortment of yarns, sari silk strips
Supply List (The following items are not included in the kit)
1. Sketchbook, notebook or journal to sketch ideas and write. I will be providing journal exercises throughout the class.
2. Pens, pencils (these can include different colors) to write or draw in your sketchbook/journal.
3. Fabric markers or pencils (meant to be temporary): Washable or disappearing for light and dark color fabrics. Frixion pens will also work (marks removed with an iron)
4. Fabric scissors or Rotary Cutter
5. Small sharp/embroidery scissors
6. Pins (I use glass head ones)
7. Strongly recommended: Self-healing cutting mat
8. Clear plastic gridded ruler
9. 6” square card stock template with a centered 4” square window cut out (you create)
10. Tracing paper
11. Strongly recommended: Graph paper
12. Freezer paper (for masks/stencils)
13. Parchment paper (to use with Mistyfuse)
14. Mistyfuse or other similar iron-on fusible
15. Optional: Sticky Fabri-Solve by Sulky (I will demo how to use and remove)
16. Optional: Lightbox (many “lightpad” varieties under $20 on Amazon) or access to a backlit window for tracing
17. Needles: Suggest the following: #3 and #5 Crewel embroidery needles, #5 and/or #7 sharp, #22 Chenille needle (this last one is optional). You will probably want a number of the Crewel needles.
18. ½ yd of white or light solid color cotton or linen fabric (for in-class samples)
19. Additional fabrics/materials in colors/patterns that reflect your memory assignments: cotton, linen, silk (including sari silk strips), wool, sheers (organza, tulle, colored cheesecloth), paper, old maps. Note: You may not need all of these. It will depend on the direction your work takes.
20. Stabilizing backing fabric in light or dark color depending on the color of your fabric: Suggest one of the following: Wool felt, wool blend felt, craft felt, wool fabric, soft flannel.
21. For Class #5: Fabric, linens, lace or clothing that has personal meaning that can be used in a stitched art piece
22. Threads: Embroidery floss, Pearl cotton (suggest sizes 8 and 12). Other thread types and weights are optional. Your color choices.
23. Optional but suggested depending on the direction your work takes: An assortment of yarn lengths in different weights and types.
24. Optional but suggested depending on the direction your work takes: Permanent fabric markers (to color your fabric). If you have fabric paints you would like to use, please do.
25. Optional: Task light