About Solo Exhibits
The Art League seeks artists who have a strong, cohesive, and exciting body of work expressing an aesthetic concept for our prestigious solo artist exhibitions. Our aim, whether we exhibit experimental or traditional works, is to adhere to the highest standards of quality. While we seek beautifully executed work, we also value work that is innovative, artwork that presents the artist’s unique voice, and engages the viewer intellectually, emotionally, as well as visually.
- Artist must be a current exhibiting artist member of The Art League.
- Artist cannot have had a solo exhibit at The Art League within the last five years.
- If an artist is selected for a 2022 solo show, no more than 20% of the works displayed in the final exhibit can have been shown within 50 miles of The Art League gallery.
Become an exhibiting artist member
2022 Application Process
Applications are reviewed two years ahead of time. Jurying for 2022 solo exhibits will take place in the fall of 2020.
There are three steps to jurying this year. Due to COVID-19 we are trying to limit the number of in person interactions our staff and jurors take part in. As a result, we are modifying the process of jurying, by adding an initial online jurying phase. The panel of judges will select twenty applications from all that are submitted to move on to the in-person phase of jurying. All applicants will get juror feedback during the first stage of jurying.
1. Applicants must first submit images of five works, a proposal, artist statement, and artist résumé online.
2. Jurors will look at all of the applications online and select twenty applicants to move on to in-person jurying. All applicants will get juror feedback during the initial phase of jurying.
3. The twenty applicants selected for in-person jurying will drop off their work at the designated times. Gallery staff will take notes on the discussion and the finalists will receive letters with the juror’s feedback, regardless of whether or not they are accepted for an exhibit
Solo Room Floorplan PDF
Artist Notifications for
Twenty Artists will be selected for in-person jurying. Notifications will be sent out via Submittable by October 16.
Artwork Drop Off
Artists selected for In-Person Jurying must drop off their artworks by Friday, October 23 at 3:30 PM. Please note that the artists must bring in the same five artworks that were submitted in the application.
The Art League Gallery will be closed while a panel of jurors discusses the final twenty applications and bodies of work, and decides which artists will be accepted for 2022 solo exhibits.
Artists MUST pick up their work between noon-4 pm on October 28-29, and will receive the juror’s decision at that time. Results will not be given over the phone.
Interested in applying?
Solo Jurying Information Sessions will explain the application, submission, jurying, and exhibition processes for a solo show at The Art League gallery. Any artist who has not gone through the process of applying for an Art League solo exhibit, and is interested in submitting a proposal for 2022, should attend an informational meeting. (To be scheduled in the summer of 2020.) If you cannot attend, you may set up a brief one-on-one meeting by emailing email@example.com. (Subject to staff availability.)