6” template with 4” square window
Supply List (The following items are not included in the kit)Please have the following supplies to use for class assignments. If you do not have some of these items, contact me and we can try to come up with alternatives/substitutes.
- Notebook/sketchbook/journal. Choose something that you are comfortable writing and sketching in. It does NOT need to be fancy or expensive. It will be the place where you will consider what you’ve stitched and directions you wish to take. This class is all about a continuing “dialog” with your stitched work. We will have weekly journal prompts/exercises.
- Writing/drawing tools to use with your notebook. Whatever you’re comfortable using. I like Micron Pigma or Faber-Castell Pitt pens because both types can be used on paper and fabric. Sharpies are also an alternative.
- Disappearing or washable fabric marker for use on white/light fabrics.
- Washable fabric pencil (typically white) for use on black/dark fabrics
- Fabric scissors
- Small, sharp embroidery scissors
- Pins (I like glass-headed ones)
- Glue stick
Optional but recommended:
- Clear gridded ruler for measuring and marking fabric
- Self healing cutting mat
- Rotary cutter (an option to fabric scissors) to use with cutting mat
- Task light
If you have additional…The supply kit includes the items below but if you happen to have some on hand, you can add it to those supplies:
- Embroidery needles
- Embroidery floss, pearl cotton, sewing thread, yarns in black, white and neutrals (you will definitely need more floss and pearl cotton threads)
- White, black, gray fabrics: cotton, linen, wool, wool felt (cotton and wool felt will be in your supply kit)
There may be just a few additional items that you can use if you happen to have them at home.