Participants will have 24-hour access to the following:
Private studio– Each approximately 300 sq ft
Fabrication shop– Table Saw, Bandsaw, Panel Saw, Sliding Compound Miter Saw, Drill Press, Disc and Belt Sander, Work tables w/vices
Digital lab– Mac stations w/Final Cut Express + Adobe CS, 44” wide archival ink Epson Printer, Large work tables
Also available to participants:On-site swimming pool, On-site dog park, Off street parking, Free WiFi
• Emerging as well as established artists are invited to apply. We encourage applications from artists with diverse perspectives, and support artistic practice in a pluralistic and inclusive way. The criterion for acceptance is artistic excellence.
• Students who will be enrolled in a degree program in 2011 are ineligible.
• Application that includes:
– Contact information
– Education information
– Name + contact information for 2 references to speak about you as an artist and community member
– Image list (title, date, dimensions, materials, etc)
• 10 images of artwork done in the last 2 years
(72dpi, 800 x 600 pixels saved as jpgs +/or max 3 minutes of video clips on Vimeo)
• Artist statement (max 1 page saved as .doc or .pdf)
• Artist resume (max 2 pages saved as .doc or .pdf)
Must be received via email by October 15, 2010 to email@example.com
A jury of VCUarts faculty will choose the studio recipients. Up to 20 artists will be selected. Applicants will receive notification in mid-November. All decisions are final.
Studios should be available for move in January 3, 2011 . Leases will be for 1 year with possibility of renewal. Subsidized rent is 265 USD plus 25 USD utilities monthly.
(FYI: Market rate is approximately 15% more with no access to Fabrication Shop or Digital Lab).
1. Download application at http://incubator.vcusculpture.
2. Fill out and save the form, save your images, artist statement and artist resume as required (proper *formats described in application).
3. Compress all files into a zip file and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct 15, 2010.