Mentoring program Space of His Own needs mentors, now!
Carpentry-based mentoring program Space of His Own pairs fifth-grade boys with men from the Alexandria community to help the next generation develop confidence and learn life skills in a creative and fun environment. The program meets one night a week from 5:30 to 8:00 pm, night TBD.
Research shows that positive, caring relationships with adults:
- Improve school performance
- Help children develop the resilience to succeed despite obstacles
- Provide youth with a sense of belonging
Do you have what it takes to be a mentor with SOHO?
If you are open to new experiences, an active listener, reliable, okay with getting your hands dirty, and enthusiastic and energetic, then YOU already have all of the qualities needed to be an exceptional mentor!
It’s easy to become a mentor!
- Attend a one-on-one orientation session
- Fill out an application
- Complete an interview and receive a satisfactory background and reference check
For more information on how to become a mentor with the Space of His Own program, please email email@example.com or call 703-746-4687.
You can do it!