Have you been looking at our brand-new catalog of art classes and you’re not sure where to start? Are you a complete beginner looking to try out a new art class?
Not only are beginners welcome at The Art League School, we have a wide variety of classes geared specifically toward the new artist. For many, there’s no better place to start than Basic Drawing.
Basic Drawing is the place to build skills you can use in further drawing classes, painting classes, printmaking, or any other class at The Art League. This is where you will start to learn to “see” as an artist, and learn about composition, perspective, line, value, and all the other elements that are key to building a strong foundation as a visual artist. More experienced artists often revisit Basic Drawing to brush up on the fundamentals. It’s essential!
Our fall term starts next week! This fall, we have nine Basic Drawing classes to fit your schedule:
- Monday evenings with Scott Hutchison (link)
- Tuesday mornings with Tania Karpowitz (link)
- Tuesday evenings with Peter Böttger (link)
- Wednesday mornings with Nick Xhiku (link)
- Wednesday evenings with Priscilla Treacy (link)
- Thursday evenings with Patrick Kirwin (link)
- Saturday afternoons with Joe Kabriel (link)
- Sunday mornings with Fred Markham (link)
- Friday evenings with Jim Burford (link) — this class meets for five weeks instead of nine
What are some other classes good for first-time or inexperienced art students? What started you on your art path? Let us know in the comments.
To view our full catalog for Fall term and beyond, visit The Art League School’s home page.