What’s that mannequin wearing?
For this year’s Student/Faculty Show, fiber arts instructor Renate Maile-Moskowitz and her students in the “Felting: Expanding the Possibilities” class outfitted this fashionable model in a collaboration they titled “Rhapsody of Blues.” In addition to wet felting and nuno felting, these pieces incorporate techniques like hand-dyeing and millinery — see below for the key.
- bee by Lisa Walsh
- hat by Margaret Cerutti (merino wool, dyed silk, feathers — click for detail), collar by Renate Maile-Moskowitz
- necklace choker by Dominique Cooper
- scissors holder with pin cushion by Renate Maile-Moskowitz (at right)
- stretch bracelet by Renate Maile-Moskowitz
- “Vest to Dye For” by Ioana Razi (devore silk, nuno felted), wrap belt by Marian Bruno (on top, dark blue), peplum belt with ruffle by Laura Linton (click for detail)
- elongated bead bracelet by Marian Bruno, button bag by Renate Maile-Moskowitz (click for detail)
- evening bag by Renate Maile-Moskowitz (click for detail)
- flower on stem by Renate Maile-Moskowitz (click for detail)
- earrings by Dominique Cooper
- dreamscape rug by Dominique Cooper
- bottle opener by Marian Bruno