What’s new for you this Spring?
Wait — before you say “nothing,” have you looked at our class catalog? We have 203 weekly classes and 61 workshops this Spring, and they start as soon as next week at the Best Place to Take Classes in DC!
Art options for ages five and up
Classes at The Art League are open to all. Over 7,000 students ages 5 to 95 take classes with us each year. There’s no experience necessary!
- Portrait and Figure Painting with Kurt Schwarz (Wednesday evenings)
- Urban Landscapes with Joey Mánlapaz (Tuesday afternoons)
- Solvent-Free Printmaking with Priscilla Treacy (Tuesday mornings)
- Weekend in the Plein Air Landscape with Mike Francis (April 22–23)
- Blacksmithing for Silversmiths with Michael Brehl (June 10–11)
- Well Rounded Pots with Birdie Boone (June 9–11)
- Best Practices in Painting with George O’Hanlon and Tatiana Zaytseva (June 12–14)
Pick up something new
If you’re brand-new to art classes — or if you just need a refresher — we most often recommend Basic Drawing as a great first class. If that’s not your speed, there are good classes for beginners in every medium, including ceramics, sculpture, fiber art, painting, photography, and printmaking.
No two artistic journeys are the same! That’s why you can always get in touch with us for advice on which class is right for you:
- email email@example.com
- call 703-683-2323
- FAQs about art classes
- Quiz: What art class should I take?