It’s starting to feel like that time of year! The months where nothing feels nicer than a sip of cocoa from a mug you made yourself. Or wrapping up in a scarf you weaved. Or sending a card you drew/painted/printed — yourself.
Getting the idea?
Winter is the perfect time to get creative
And with classes starting up in January, it’s also the perfect time to get a head start on those resolutions. So here are some links to help you out:
- Browse The Art League’s class catalog →
- Try the quiz: What Art Class Should I Take? →
- Read the school FAQ →
Can’t wait? Try a workshop
9-week classes don’t start until the new year, but we have a bunch of one- and two-day workshops coming up in November and December. These are a way to brush up on a new technique or dive in with one of our Jumpstarts.
Maybe you want to step up your photography?
- Portrait Photography (November 11–12)
- Architectural Photography: National Building Museum (December 2–3)
- Photoshop for Beginners (December 10)
Or spend a day or two in the jewelry studio?
You can learn from our fiber artists …
- Dyeing: Indigo (November 12)
- Hat Blocking Party (December 2)
- Design & Print Your Own Fabric (December 2–3)
- Spinning Thread From Paper (December 10)
… try your hand at printmaking …
… or learn the fundamentals of drawing and painting:
As always, if you have any questions about what class is the right fit, you can contact our school office: