April Open Exhibit
Juried by: Dana Self
Exhibit dates: April 8-May 3, 2020
Opening Reception: April 9, 2020
Open exhibits do not limit theme, medium, process or content. Artists may enter any current work made within 5 years.
- Artist must be a current exhibiting artist member of The Art League gallery.
- All works must adhere to the Gallery hanging and framing requirements. For 2D artworks, no clip frames are permitted and hanging wire must be attached to the frame, not the backing. 2D artworks must have hanging wire. No saw tooth hangers permitted. Canvases may be gallery wrapped with no visible staples.
- If the work weighs over 50lbs, the artist must install the piece themselves, if accepted.
- Artists may enter any current work made within 5 years.
- Works are chosen by the selected juror’s curatorial vision and aesthetic.
Digital Submission Deadline: Sunday March 15, 2020 by midnight. ENTER HERE!
We expect to notify artists of the results ten days after the deadline. Instructions for drop off of accepted artworks will be emailed to artists.
Accepted Artwork Drop-Off Dates: April 5&6 (times TBA)
About the Juror:
Dana Self is currently the marketing strategist for the University of Missouri-Kansas City. In her role she is responsible for all phases of marketing and publicity for the UMKC Conservatory via the web, social media, and print material. Dana has had a long career as a curator and art writer. She curated and/or supervised more than 90 primarily contemporary art exhibitions and varied arts programming. She has also designed museum exhibitions in large and small galleries.
Your help is needed to support The Art League’s future!
Your support of The Art League reflects where you envision the world of creativity will take us tomorrow. Are you ready to map the future for your — and your community’s — creative life?