April Open Exhibit
Juried by: Dana Self
Exhibit dates: April 8-May 3, 2020
Opening Reception Via Zoom: Thursday, April 9 at 6:30 PM
April Award Winners
Click on the Artists name to see their work
Best in Show Winner
Teresa Oaxaca for her oil painting “The Journey of Life”
Honorable Mention Winners
In order to do our part in social distancing and help protect vulnerable members of our community, The Art League May Exhibit will be ONLINE only. Work will be available to view on The Art League website, and on the Art Thief App. More information will be available soon. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop the exhibit
Meet the Juror
Dana Self is currently the marketing strategist for the University of Missouri-Kansas City. In her role she is responsible for all phases of marketing and publicity for the UMKC Conservatory via the web, social media, and print material. Dana has had a long career as a curator and art writer. She curated and/or supervised more than 90 primarily contemporary art exhibitions and varied arts programming. She has also designed museum exhibitions in large and small galleries.
Open exhibits do not limit theme, medium, process or content. Artists may enter any current work made within 5 years.
- Artist must be a current exhibiting artist member of The Art League gallery.
- All works must adhere to the Gallery hanging and framing requirements. For 2D artworks, no clip frames are permitted and hanging wire must be attached to the frame, not the backing. 2D artworks must have hanging wire. No saw tooth hangers permitted. Canvases may be gallery wrapped with no visible staples.
- If the work weighs over 50lbs, the artist must install the piece themselves, if accepted.
- Artists may enter any current work made within 5 years.
- Works are chosen by the selected juror’s curatorial vision and aesthetic.
Work will be displayed online only.
Become an exhibiting artist
Your help is needed to support The Art League’s future!
Your support of The Art League reflects where you envision the world of creativity will take us tomorrow. Are you ready to map the future for your — and your community’s — creative life?