Summer Art Camp
The Art League's popular weekly Summer Art Camp begins the week of June 17, 2013 and runs through August 23, 2013. In addition to our basic Art Camp, several media specific camps are offered throughout the summer. Camps are available for ages 5-15, allowing kids of many ages to explore the process of creativity with mediums like jewelry-making, ceramics, sculpture, fiber, drawing and even cartoon art.
During The Art League School’s basic five-day summer Art Camp, children explore a new medium or begin a new project each day, dabbling in drawing, painting, printmaking, and sculpture. The syllabus is different each week the camp is offered. Participants have the option of creating a full-day session, either by enrolling in all-day basic camp, or by combining a half-day of basic camp and a media specialization camp. The schedule of classes allows parents to choose from several concentrations in visual art, designed around the child’s age group and interests.
Art Camp begins in late June with AM, PM and all-day options. Art Camp takes place at our Madison Annex location.
To browse our Art Camp schedule, please click on "browse courses and register" and search for "camp." Make sure to click on on the "camp" tab after the find! Registration is now open for 2013 camps! For information on all youth and teen courses at The Art League, including fall, winter, and spring classes, click here.
About The Art League School:
The Art League School is a non-accredited institution, open to all, that provides instruction to nearly 6,000 students annually. Weekly classes and shorter-term workshops meet at the Torpedo Factory Art Center and at our Madison Annex in Old Town Alexandria, VA, convenient to the entire Washington, DC area. Our expanded Madison Annex opens in Fall 2012.
Courses are offered quarterly in virtually all of the fine arts, and a wide variety of crafts, with some of the most talented and well-known artists and instructors in the country. Whether for the beginner or a skilled professional, courses are offered for every skill level and for every age — five and up!
What students said:
- “Although we’ve taken classes at other art centers, the Art League consistently offers teaching that is both high-quality and friendly … just perfect for children.” — Caitlin G.
- “The Art League is one of the most important venues for art instruction in the Washington metropolitan area.” — Stephen G.
- “I'm not an artist, but The Art League has helped me become much more of one!” — Donna F.
- “The Art League is a haven for me. I can step out of my daily chores and into art mode. The teachers are first-rate.” — Chris B.
- “The instructors are capable, patient and talented and have given me the desire and confidence to expand my skills.” — Sally B.
Contact The Art League School