At last Thursday’s reception for The Art League Gallery’s October juried show, Revealed Histories, 10 artists were awarded Honorable Mention for their pieces. They are:
- Katie Burgess for Ghost Wall
- Mari DeMaris for Family Documents I
- Carol Dupre for 1932 Chinatown: Peach Orchard Series
- Alice Kale for Parts of Me
- Carol Kennedy for The Gardener
- James McGivney for The Road Less Traveled
- M.M. Panas for 3rd Generation
- Nilo Santiago for My Father Fractuoso
- Anna Shakeeva for My Nephew
- Dana Thompson for Motel Chair and Barkcloth
Firstborn, Wendy Donahoe
Of 458 pieces submitted, 126 were juried in by Daniel Finch, Associate Professor of Visual Art at Messiah College. Mr. Finch was “overwhelmed by the high quality of work” and the interesting ways in which the theme was interpreted. Read his full interview with Erica Fortwengler here.
Revealed Histories will be on view at The Art League Gallery until November 3, along with Michele Hoben’s solo show, Mending Fences.