This Thursday, November 13 is Second Thursday Art Night in Old Town and the reception for The Art League Gallery’s November juried Large Works Show, small works show, and fotoweek @ the art league.
- Best in Show – Michael Borek for Canadian
- First Place – Pamela Viola for Two
- Second Place – Renee Azcra Woodward for Wind
- Third Place – Pamela Viola for Center Earth
- Raka Bose Saha for Passion
- Michele Hoben for Through the Wire IV
- Jeanie Collin Keys for Sleeping Beauty
- Christine Lashley for Tall Trees
- Karen Schmitz for Type B
- C. Charles Wang for Nude Study
Ted Reed‘s End of the Beginning [shown right] received The Eleanor Boudreau Jordan Award for the “great drama created by the palette, lighting and composition,” said juror Glenn Perry. Of 232 pieces submitted, 46 were juried in by Mr. Perry, of the Design and Installation Department in the National Gallery of Art. Read his full interview with Erica Fortwengler here.
19 artists were awarded Honorable Mention in the small works show. They are:
- Pamela Clifford for Skating Rink
- Megan Coyle for The Curious Kitten
- Mak Dehejia for Bay Watch (After Mike Cable)
- Mary Deleyiannis for Head Study I
- Mari de Maris for Mounted Exercise Book
- Diana Derby for Ghost
- Vicki Kirby for Au Pear
- Larinda Lee for Red Cottage
- Jude Nagel for Shadow Central
- Bobby Prignano for Old Town Dog Walkers
- Peter Reynolds for Serene Beauty
- Pamela Richmond for A Bit of Money
- Barrie Ripin for Oranges
- Hank Trainor-Roden for Lines of Greece
- Maria Somogyi for Labyrinth
- Ann Thomson for Arlington: Brush
- Maria Valle-Riestra for Renee
- Patti Vincent for Fisherman
- Carolyn Witschonke for Push Me!
Jill Banks received The Bob Hof Award for Orange Peeled [shown left], for its “fresh take on a still life, a different perspective,” stated the show’s juror, Dr. Susan Frank, Assistant Curator at The Phillips Collection.
Of 558 pieces submitted, 198 were juried in by Dr. Frank who found it “very difficult to selected the pieces for this show, narrow the works down, and select award winners.” Read her full interview with Erica Fortwengler here.
Join us on Thursday evening from 6:30 to 8:30pm to celebrate three exciting and diverse shows. Awards will be presented at 7pm, followed by a 7:30 talk by the fotoweek jurors. fotoweek @ the art league, Large Works Show and small works show will be on view at The Art League until November 30.