The Patrons’ Show is The Art League’s biggest fundraising event of the year. It affords the public an opportunity to acquire quality works of fine art while supporting a local non-profit and a community of artists.
We ask each member to donate artwork for this important fundraiser. The gallery will accept donations of artwork at any time. For each work of art donated valued at $175 or more, we are able to sell an additional $175 ticket to the event.
Artists may donate any number of framed pieces. Artists who donate two or more framed pieces may donate as many additional unframed works as they like, which we will frame for you.
This is an excellent opportunity to have your work seen by thousands of captive visitors. Last year’s Patrons’ Show Flickr site alone has had over 14,000 hits.
Dates to remember:
Tickets Go On Sale: Saturday, January 17, 2009 at 10 am
- Limit of 2 tickets per person on first day of ticket sales.
Receiving Dates: February 2 & 3, 10 am – 6 pm
Dates of Show: February 4 – 15, 2009
- Patrons may come during this time to view and evaluate the work and note their favorite pieces.
Late Hours for Viewing:
- Thursday, February 5, 6 – 9 pm
- Wednesday, February 11, 6 – 9 pm
- Thursday, February 12, 6 – 9 pm
Drawing: Sunday, February 15, 5 pm
- Tickets are randomly drawn and the name of the ticket holder is announced. At this time, the ticket holder may call out the number of the piece they want to select. For each ticket drawn, ticket holders will go home with a work of art valued anywhere from $175 to upwards of thousands of dollars.
More information is available in the gallery. Questions may be directed to Rose O’Donnell, Gallery Director or Barbara Petro, Assistant Gallery Director at 703-683-1780.