Last month we shared tips from Art League member John Burgess’s lecture on Photoshop. Today, we dropped in on a brief tutorial on saving images to CD for submission to juried shows. Assistant Gallery Director Megan Fox gave the lesson.
Here’s her walkthrough:
- Retrieve images from your hard drive, camera, USB drive, or CD. Save them to your desktop for easy access.
- Edit (if necessary) and rename according to submission guidelines. To rename, click on the file name on the desktop to highlight it, then click a second time to edit it. Type the new file name and hit enter.
- Save to desktop.
- Create a “New Burn Folder” by either control+clicking on the desktop, or using the File menu at the top of the screen in Finder. Select the “New Burn Folder” option from either menu.
- Rename your CD if required. You can also name it during the burning process.
- Drag and drop the desired files into the burn folder.
- Once all the needed files are in the burn folder, insert a blank CD-R.
- Open the burn folder by double-clicking. At the top right of the folder, there is a “Burn” button. Click it to begin the burning process.
- Let the computer do the rest! Wait for completion confirmation from your computer before ejecting your CD.