How to Help The Art League During Spring2ACTion!
Spring2ACTion on May 2 is the day! It’s the kick-off for our “30-Something” campaign, and it’s the day that your donation, no matter how big or small, can help The Art League win more than $15,000 in additional grants and prizes to help fund our Madison Annex Project. We need you to help us spread the word and tell your friends and colleagues why The Art League is so important to you.
Where to donate: On May 2, between 12:00 midnight – 11:59 pm, go to http://spring2action.razoo.com/story/The-Art-League and make a donation! If you or another supporter can’t donate on May 2, you can go to the above link and SCHEDULE A DONATION (In the “Make a Donation” box click on “schedule one for Spring2ACTION 2012.”)! Scheduling your donation saves the transaction for May 2 (Spring2ACTion day) and makes us eligible for those big grants and prizes.
5 Ways to use Facebook during Spring2ACTion
1. “Like” The Art League’s Facebook page. This will keep you connected and up to date with the latest info about The Art League and Spring2ACTion: http://www.facebook.com/theartleague. “Like” the Spring2ACTion Facebook page to keep up with the latest information throughout the day: http://www.facebook.com/Spring2ACTio
2. Engage your friends and supporters in conversation. This is an opportunity to engage people and tell your story. Tell them why you support The Art League and post it on your page. Upload photos and videos of you painting or creating your artwork. Let people see how The Art League has impacted you and the community.
3. Promote The Art League and Spring2ACTion!
- Use the “mention” function to connect with The Art League and Spring2ACTion. To “mention” The Art League or Spring2ACTion, type the @ symbol and Facebook will prompt you to type in the name of a page or a friend. If you’ve “liked” Spring2ACTion or The Art League, it will show up below the update window as a selection.
- Share the link for The Art League’s Spring2ACTion page – http://spring2action.razoo.com/story/The-Art-League – on your page to help familiarize individuals with the site and direct them to it on May 2. Remind them that they can SCHEDULE A DONATION in advance if they like (In the “Make a Donation” box click on “schedule one for Spring2ACTION 2012.”)
4. Explain your goals and what your friends and supporters can do to can help you reach them.
- Tell stories that bring The Art League’s mission to life.
- Invite your friends and followers to “like” The Art League’s Facebook page.
5. On May 2, update your Facebook status throughout the day with The Art League’s progress to help increase awareness, excitement and motivation to give.
5 ways to use Twitter during Spring2ACTion
Twitter is a great place to engage with people throughout the campaign. Use Twitter to post fun facts about The Art League, thank supporters, and engage supporters to share their stories about The Art League and why they give.
1. Follow The Art League (@theartleague) and Spring2ACTion (@Spring2ACT) and make sure you are following people The Art League wishes to reach. This will grab their attention and direct them to your organization’s Twitter profile.
2. In your tweets, share information about Spring2ACTion and what it means for The Art League. You can tag Spring2ACTion by typing @Spring2ACT in your messages and you can tag The Art League by typing @theartleague in your messages.
3. Upload photos of you painting at The Art League and share them on your Twitter account. Share stories of your time at The Art League and ask other Art League friends and supporters to share their message of support on their Twitter accounts.
- Include the hashtag #Spring2ACT in your tweets. Using a hashtag is like assigning a category to your tweets. Spring2ACTion will retweet your posts when you use this tag.
4. Post updates on fundraising goals throughout the day on May 2 to help increase awareness, excitement and motivation to give. This keeps donors up to date on The Art League’s standing in the event.
5. Create Twitter lists for Art League supporters and other organizations participating in Spring2ACTion. Use this list to follow what Art Leaguers and other Spring2ACTion participants are doing on Twitter. Find out how to make Twitter lists here: https://support.twitter.com/articles/76460-how-to-use-twitter-lists
How to Help by Email:
Send an email to your connections! Email your friends, family, collectors, etc and let them know why they should help support this organization you love on May 2. Ask them to join you in becoming a “30-Something.”
Be sure to direct them to: http://spring2action.razoo.com/story/The-Art-League to donate! Remind them that they can SCHEDULE A DONATION in advance if they like (In the “Make a Donation” box click on “schedule one for Spring2ACTION 2012.”)
Have questions? Need help? Call 703-519-1741 and we’ll get you started!