If you resolved to try something new this year, we want to help you with some inspiration in this edition of Artful Links. Get your creative wheels turning with these 13 videos of performances, installation art, demonstrations, video art, inventions, and more! Part 1 includes 6 videos, and the next 7 will be in part 2. (Update: Find part 2 here.)
Any videos, photos, or websites you’ve seen recently that sparked your imagination? What new projects will you work on this year? Share in the comments!
1. As part of MoMA’s “On Line” drawing exhibit, Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker combines dance and drawing in this performance:
2. This short stop-motion film by PES, nominated for this year’s Oscars, combines familiar objects and actions in new ways:
More video inspiration is below!
3. This video shows the process behind Bryan Nash Gill’s ripped-from-nature prints, currently on exhibit at the Chicago Botanic Garden:
4. You may have seen videos of Dutch artist Theo Jansen’s kinetic sculptures before. Jansen talks about his “Strandbeests,” blurring the line between life and art, in this TED Talk:
5. In another TED Talk, Tom Shannon discusses how science informs his art, demonstrating with his homemade painting pendulum:
6. This video by Jacob Snyder, documenting Russell Irwin’s creation of a complex, many-layered collage, is a work of art in its own right:
For more Artful Resources, click here — and subscribe to our e-mail newsletter for weekly blog updates. We’ll bring you part 2 of this post soon!