As The Art League’s newest Gallery Director, Whitney Staiger has a lot of responsibilities: finding exhibit jurors, communicating with member artists, managing exhibits and events — and answering questions for blog posts.
Whitney’s had a busy year, including a solo exhibit in December, throwing events like Art on the Rocks, and oh yeah, getting juried into the Torpedo Factory in March. This month, Whitney took over for Rose O’Donnell, who was Gallery Director for ten years and has moved upstairs to work part-time in our Development Office. Next time you’re around, stop by and say hi!
In the meantime, here’s a quiz to test your knowledge of the Gallery’s head honcho:
1. What was the name of Whitney’s solo exhibit at The Art League, pairing her Facebook friends’ personal experiences with their public profiles?
- “Friend Me”
- “The Social Artwork”
2. What does Whitney make in her studio?
- hand-pulled prints
3. Which is one of Whitney’s hidden skills?
- tap dancing
4. How many members of Whitney’s immediate family are working artists (not including herself)?
5. What color has Whitney’s hair not been?
Answers: A, C, B, C, A
Congratulations on the new job, Whitney!