It’s that time of year again! Tickets ($200 each) for the 2016 Patrons’ Show Fundraiser go on sale Saturday, January 16 at 10:00 am – online only!
What’s New This Year
- App: Zurka Interactive developed an app to help you create your Patrons’ Show list! It’s free and available to download for iPhone and iPad.
- Seats: When you buy your tickets, you’ll select your seat(s) on a map. You can choose a section where you’ll have an assigned seat, or a section where seats are first-come first-served (“festival seating”). Either way, you have a guaranteed seat.
- Awards: If you’re an artist thinking of donating original artwork for this fundraiser, you’ll want to know about the over $9,000 in awards that are available this year. More about donating artwork →
Tickets and Seating
You will select your preferred seating when you purchase your ticket. This year, you will be able to reserve specific seats within a limited number of sections on the first and second floor. Tickets will be marked indicating your seat reservation. During the event, the floor will be marked, designating each zoned seating area, and seat if applicable. Each ticket-holder will be assigned one seat.
You have the option to buy:
- A single ticket for $200 (one work of art and one seat), or
- A couple’s ticket for $250 (one work of art and two seats). Couple’s tickets are limited.
- Tickets go on sale: Saturday, January 16 at 10:00 am
- Artwork on view: February 3–14
- Drawing: Sunday, February 14 at 4:00 pm
How Does it Work?
This annual event features 600+ works of original fine art donated by Art League artists, Art League faculty, and Torpedo Factory artists. The number of tickets sold matches the number of works donated.
Prior to the drawing, the show is on view in the Gallery and online, giving ticket-holders an opportunity to study the artwork and note their favorite pieces, so they’ll be prepared to select from the available artwork when their names are drawn.
On the evening of the Patrons’ Show drawing (Sunday, February 14 at 4:00 pm), tickets are randomly drawn and when the name of each ticket-holder is announced, they may select an available work of art from the show.
All proceeds go to benefit The Art League’s educational programming, exhibits, and community outreach programs.
See the FAQ on the ticket sales page. If your question isn’t answered there, you can call the Gallery at 703-683-1780.
A big Art League thank you to this year’s Patrons’ Show sponsors:
Event Lead Sponsor: Halt, Buzas & Powell, LTD
Award Sponsor: The Clemente Family