Do you have a work of video art to share? An animation? Documentation of a performance art piece? We want to see it! All silent video-based artworks are welcome in our Art on Tap Video Art Contest.
It’s free to enter, and selected artists get a free ticket to our third annual Art on Tap event. Best Video wins a one-year exhibiting artist membership!
Details below! To enter — before October 16, 2016 — click here.
The Art League in Alexandria, VA invites video artists, filmmakers, animators, performance artists, and media artists to submit silent, video-based art for the third annual Art on Tap event taking place Friday, November 4. It is free to enter.
Videos will be projected in the main hallway of the Torpedo Factory Art Center for the duration of the event, 7:00–10:00 pm. Work will be presented as a single-channel projection, without sound, on a loop with other selected videos. There will be live and prerecorded music played during the event.
All artists and all video art styles are eligible to enter. Artists must be 21 years or older to claim their prize (one free ticket to Art on Tap).
- All selected artists: One free ticket to Art on Tap
- Best Video (as selected by the juror): One year free exhibiting artist membership at The Art League
- Entry deadline: October 16, 2016
- Videos may not exceed 10 minutes. There is no minimum duration.
- Videos may not have audio. They will be played without sound.
- We are only able to accommodate single-channel works.
- Files should be in .mov or .mp4 format.
- Videos should measure 1080 pixels vertically and no more than 1920 pixels horizontally.
- Please keep in mind that food and drink will be served at this event.
Juror: Rory Sheridan
Rory Sheridan is the Senior Video Editor for Travel Channel. He works directly with the Creative Director and Marketing Producers to create videos and photographs for the Travel Channel, including “Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.” Sheridan is a freelance video editor and photographer in Washington, DC. He is also the guitarist in local DC punk rock band LoudBoyz. http://rorysheridan.com/
Please email email@example.com or leave a comment below with any questions.