This past week, jurors met to review all the submissions for solo exhibits at The Art League in 2018. We’re thrilled to announce the following eleven artists were selected:
- Ito Briones | oil paintings
- Sally Canzoneri | lenticular photograph pictures
- Deborah Conn | watercolor on textured paper
- Julia Dzikiewicz | encaustic with mixed media components
- Robert Gilbert | oil paintings
- Guy Jones | pen and ink on found natural bone
- Brian Kirk | rust print on archival paper
- Pete McCutchen | archival pigment print on metallic paper
- Michael McSorley | oil on panels
- Beverly Ryan | installation including acrylic, collage, oil, mixed media, and charcoal
- Milton Shinberg | watercolor
This year’s jurors were Phil Hutinet, publisher and writer of East City Art, and Emma McAlary, local editorial, brand and lifestyle photographer. To enter, each artist was required to submit an artist statement, bio, and show proposal with five works of art.
Between now and 2018, these artists will be hard at work completing their proposed exhibits. Here’s a peek at some of the artwork by the accepted artists:
You can read more about solo exhibits on our website.