2018 is near!
We’ve got a big year planned at The Art League, not least in our gallery. There are no fewer than 11 different solo artists this year:
- Ito Briones | oil paintings
- Sally Canzoneri | lenticular photographs
- Deborah Conn | watercolor on textured paper
- Julia Dzikiewicz | encaustic with mixed media components
- Robert Gilbert | oil paintings
- Guy Jones | pen and ink on found natural bone
- Brian Kirk | rust print on archival paper
- Pete McCutchen | archival pigment print on metallic paper
- Michael McSorley | oil on panels
- Beverly Ryan | installation including acrylic, collage, oil, mixed media, and charcoal
- Milton Shinberg | watercolor
We’re also getting pumped for a very special milestone in February: this will be the 50th anniversary of the Patrons’ Show Fundraiser! (Tickets go on sale January 13.)
Fast-forwarding to May, it’s the return of the blink-and-you’ll-miss-it Ikebana Show (May 1–6). This exhibit, presented in conjunction with the Washington, DC Sogetsu School, pairs contemporary flower arrangements with other artworks to create an ephemeral Springtime experience.
This year, Ikebana will inspire the cocktails at Art on the Rocks (May 4). Do we smell some floral concoctions headed our way?
More to come
This is just the start of our programming for the year. We’ll be adding group exhibits, artist talks, and other events to the calendar, so stay tuned (and subscribe to emails) for more!