George Tkabladze was born in 1971 in Kutaisi, country of Georgia. In 1996, he received his BFA and MFA, majoring in sculpture from Tbilisi State Academy of Fine Arts, and Associate degree in sculpture and art education in I. Nicoladze Art College. (Tbilisi, Georgia).
Since 1993 he has participated in more than sixty national and international exhibitions.
He received numerous awards and grants such as:
- 2017 – Milan International Art Award
- 2016 – “1st Prince of Salinas – “Gattopardo”art critic award 2016”.- In recognition of artistic achievements. Palermo, Italy
- 2015 – International Prize “Artist at the Castle” – Castello Orsini, Nerola/Rome, Italy
- 2015 – “International Prize Michelangelo”- Artists at the Jubilee. Prize given for artistic merit. Cardinal Cesi Palace, Roma, Italy
- 2014 – International Art Award RAFFAELLO SANZIO – Lecce, Italy
- 2014 – Special NELSON MANDELA , Title of Ambassador of culture of the world- Lecce, Italy:
- 2014 – Trinacria award 2014, – Museum Monreale , Monreale, Italy
- 2013- Honorable Mention – sculpture exhibition Shapes – For the sculpture “Hello! My Name Is Jujuna” awarded by The art League gallery, Alexandria, VA
- 2011 – Honorable Mention Biennale of Chianciano 2011. Chianciano Art Museum, Italy
- 2008 – Honorary Award in Sculptural Pursuit Magazine 5th Annual Sculpture only Competition for sculpture “She Seemed So Pure”
- 2006 –“Marry H. Phillips award” winner for sculpture “Wheel of Fortune.” Awarded by, the Pittsburgh Society of Sculptors (SOS). During the exhibition, -“Inside + Out / Big & Small”, Pittsburgh PA. USA
- 2005 -“Best of Virginia Artists 2005” First place in sculpture category for the sculpture “Mystery 2” awarded by Kennedy Promotions. VA. USA
- 2002 – Appointed Corresponding Academician in the Department of Arts, by the Accademia Internazionale “Greci – Marino”; Academia Del Verbano Di Litery, Arti, Acienze. Italy.
- 2002 – Artist-in-residence Program Grant. Sculpture Space, Inc. Utica NY USA
- 2001 – Artist-in-residence grant. The Woodstock Guild, Byrdcliffe Artist Colony. Woodstock, NY. USA
- 2001 – Visual Artist-in-Residence Program Grant.. Studio Midwest. Galesburg, IL U.S.A.
- 2001 – Artist-in-Residency Grant. Anderson Center For Interdisciplinary Studies. Red Wing, MN U.S.A
- 1998 – The winner in “Cartu” Charity foundation’s Art Competition. Personal exhibition.
- 1997 – Award “The Best Work of the Year” – for the sculpture “White George” awarded by Georgian Artists’ Union. Georgia.
- 1995 – The nominate in the Black Sea Countries International Christmas Festival (Top ten)
And artist in residency grants at: Sculpture Space, Inc. Utica NY, USA; Studio Midwest. Galesburg, IL USA; Anderson Center for Interdisciplinary Studies. Red Wing, MN USA and etc.
His works are kept in galleries and private collections in: USA, The Netherlands, Greece, United Kingdom, and Georgia.