Today’s roundup includes opportunities as near as the Torpedo Factory and as far as Brazil. See below for details on upcoming deadlines. Good luck!
Fellowship: The Instituto Sacatar in Bahia, Brazil
Deadline: January 16, 2012 – The Instituto Sacatar in Bahia, Brazil, provides airfare, studio, room and board to competitively selected artists of all ages, nationalities and disciplines. Selected artists spend two months at our beachside estate on the island of Itaparica near Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. We encourage artists to immerse themselves in the rich local Afro-Brazilian culture. Full details about our program can be found at www.sacatar.org. Applications should be made electronically at www.artsapp.com/sacatar, where you will find the instructions for completing an application. Sacatar will award two-month Fellowships throughout 2012 and 2013. For questions, contact: email@example.com
Artists Wanted : Year in Review
Deadline: Through January 31, 2012. Let 2012 be the year the world sees your art. The second of an annual series, Artists Wanted : Year In Review is an international open call for Painting, Sculpture & Installation, Photography, Design & Illustration, Motion & Sound, and more, with a mission to present one selected visionary at SCOPE Art Show, the premier showcase for international emerging contemporary art and one of the most influential presences in the expanding global art market. Our goal is simple — to find amazing talents and expose them to the world in the most potent way possible. More details here.
Torpedo Factory annual jury
Receiving: March 19, 2012. Artists must go through the annual jury process to become a Torpedo Factory artist. All artists working in fine arts and fine crafts are eligible. Benefits of associate membership include eligibility to sublease studio space from resident artists. On January 29, there will be an optional information session in the Torpedo Factory. For more details and to download the application, visit torpedofactory.org/jury.
Gallery West membership
Here are some reasons to consider joining Gallery West in Old Town Alexandria:
- Established Alexandria gallery, in operation for over 32 years
- Exposure to a new clientele in an art-loving community
- King Street Boutique and Restaurant district location
- Monthly shows with space for each artist to have a group of paintings
- Camaraderie and support from other members, sharing of business and technical information, and tips on other opportunities
- Monthly dues are less than other area co-op galleries
- Resume builder: a step in your professional career
- A solo show every 18-24 months with a mailing list of 1300 patrons
- Once-a-month gallery sitting affords the opportunity to connect with the art-buying public
- New members small group show in first year of membership
- Make new contacts in the art business world of Greater Washington DC
- Learn the art/gallery business and how to interact with customers
Interested? Check out the new member prospectus (in the column on the left side) at our web site, www.gallery-west.info.