“Best Place to Take Classes in DC”
– Washington Post Express
The creative days of summer are almost here. How are you going to spend them?
- snapping artistic photos?
- crafting clay masterpieces?
- painting outside?
- sketching your adventures?
- going abstract?
Those are far from the only options, of course. With 126 classes and 43 workshops this summer, you can flex your creative muscle any way you choose! Check out the full catalog.
Registration opens May 8 at 9:30 am, and Summer Term kicks off on June 19 (the same day as Summer Art Camp). Check course details for specific start dates.
About Art Camp
Art camp — for ages five and up — provides children a wonderful introduction to visual art. This summer, we’re offering 98 different camps over nine weeks!
In our regular art camp, each day brings a new project that may include drawing, painting, printmaking, or sculpture. Our specialty camps, like Drawing Camp or Painting Camp, focus on immersion in one particular medium.
- Art camps run from June 19 to August 18, Monday to Friday, and have a varied curriculum from week to week.
- You can register for half-day camps, full-day camps, or full-day camps plus an extension.
Not sure where to start?
If you’re brand-new to art classes — or if you just need a refresher — we most often recommend Basic Drawing as a great first class. If that’s not your speed, there are good classes for beginners in every medium, including ceramics, sculpture, fiber art, painting, photography, and printmaking.
No two artistic journeys are the same! That’s why you can always get in touch with us for advice on which class is right for you:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 703-683-2323
- FAQs about art classes
- Quiz: What art class should I take?