With the 2017 Student/Faculty Show concluding its short run on Sunday, it’s time to celebrate the student award winners!
Alexandria-based artist Constance Fleres was this year’s judge. Here are her selections:
In addition, ten artists were selected for Equal Merit Awards:
- Connie Benson for In the Shade (Metal Sculpture with Donna Reinsel)
- Patricia Shumaker Chisholm for Lemon in a Bowl – 4 Studies (Pastel Painting with Lisa Semerad)
- Janice Cronin for Doors (Portrait Painting with Danni Dawson)
- Janice Francois for Little Girl Blue (Abstract Painting with Bryan Jernigan)
- Leslie Hutchinson for Joseph’s Beach Coat (Stained Glass with Jimmy Powers)
- Amy Reed for Corners and Lines (Tiles with Yvette Jacobs)
- Deb Sams for Untitled (Felting: Expanding the Possibilities with Renate Maile-Moskowitz)
- John Thurman for Enchanted Folly (Abstract Painting with Deanna Schwartzberg)
- Ana Tkabladze for Atlantis (Enameling with Abby Goldblatt)
- Jingyuan Zhang for A Working Couple (Trompe L’oeil and Photorealism with Patrick Kirwin)
As we’ve said before, the Student/Faculty Show is the best single place to see the variety of work that takes place in Art League classrooms, and this year’s awards represent that well.
The closing reception will be this Sunday, March 5, from 2:00 to 4:00 pm. This is your chance to meet the artists and your last chance to see the exhibit before it closes! Find more information, and the full program, on the exhibit page.